Welcome to Electrical Department
Electrical Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. The field first became an identifiable occupation in the late nineteenth century with the commercialization of the electric telegraph and electrical power supply. The field now covers a range of sub-disciplines including those that deal with power, optoelectronics, digital electronics, analog electronics, computer science, artificial inteligence, control systems, electronics, signal processing and telecommunications.
Electrical Engineering is a vibrant department that has changed the world in which we live and work. At the beginning of this new century, the discipline is poised to continue making important contributions to key issues facing society in areas such as energy, health, computing, networked communications, environmental monitoring, and information security.We strive to be at the forefront of research, to educate our students in core fundamentals, and to engage students with emerging technologies and their applications. Our education and research missions are enhanced by collaborations with the other departments in the School of Engineering and Applied Science. The Department also has excellent relationships with neighboring companies and industrial laboratories, where students can be engaged on joint projects.
The department runs under graduate program which is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE, New Delhi, India) to cater to the ever challenging needs of technical excellence in all areas of electrical engineering. The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide adequate opportunities for students and researchers to learn and innovate. The department has distinguished faculty, all holding degrees from renowned institutes in India and abroad. The department also undertakes many research projects sponsored by both the government and the industry.
- Provide an outstanding educational program that enables our graduates to become leaders in their profession by imparting fundamental principles, skills, and tools to innovate and excel.
- Pursue the discovery of fundamental knowledge and its applications to position the department among the leaders in research.
- Respond to the needs of the State and the nation by building a strong outreach program that serves industry and the engineering profession.
· Contribute to knowledge in both fundamental and applied areas of Electrical Engineering.
· Provide a diverse curricula that will instill our students with the imagination, talents, creativity and skills necessary for the varied and rapidly changing requirements of modern life and to enable them to serve in a wide variety of other fields that requires leadership, teamwork, decision making, and problem solving abilities.
· To be a catalyst for industrial growth in our Nation
SKILL DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES
Institute has taken following initiatives for skill development in the Polytechnic students of the Institute:
- Campus Recruitment Training (CRT)program
- Test Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interview Skills
- Group Discussions
- Seminars and Workshops
- Overall Personality Development
- Other Skill Development Programs
- Alchemy Society
- Natural Science Club
- Photography Club
- Dramatics and Fine Art Club
- Entrepreneurship development Cell